Existing Member?

Mark's World Tour 2007-08

Day 259: The cast comes off!

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 21 July 2008 | Views [1077]

Monday 21st July

After breakfast, I called the hospital as soon as I left the hostel to make an appointment to see someone about taking the cast off my arm. It had been four weeks since I had got it put on in Auckland, and I was hoping that it wouldn't take too much time or complication to get it off. Fortunately, the nurse that I spoke to in the Dunedin Hospital asked me to visit them as soon as possible, so I grabbed all my documentation and headed downtown.

I got to the hospital and the cast was taking off there and then, and I was seen by a doctor who gave me the all-clear. It felt good to get it off, and also to avoid the kind of delays that I had experienced in Auckland a month earlier. I had to go back to the hospital later in the day to sort out the payment but, again, the staff there were very helpful.

I went to the library for the rest of the day and worked on my journal and made use of a few guide books on North America so I could try and organise my trip there a bit better. I got back to the hostel, had some food and then spoke to Mum & Dad later in the evening and heard how they were settling back into life at home after their own travels Down Under.

 

About markr_mcmahon

Shaaaape of ye!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.