Existing Member?

Mark's World Tour 2007-08

Day 217: Out and about in Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 9 June 2008 | Views [614]

Monday 9th May

We got up and out early and took the bus to Watsons Bay, a lovely district in the north-east of the city, and which has a nice walk and some great views of the centre. It was a beautiful morning and we hung out there for an hour or so before we got the ferry over to the Harbour Bridge. Unfortunately, the weather turned nasty and it started to pour before we got off the boat.

We went for lunch at the Sydney Opera Bar, before Liz and I took a walk up to the Opera House itself (which looks quite dated up close), through the Botanic Gardens, and around the now renovated docklands area (with big wharf warehouses having been transformed into very exclusive residential flats). We took the bus back to Tamarama and once again relaxed for the evening.

After dinner we watched 'Team America', a movie that takes its inspiration from the old Gerry Anderson puppet shows like 'Thunderbirds' but which was made by the guys who did South Park. I haven't laughed so much at a movie since I saw 'Old School' a few months earlier. Both of these movies came out years ago but I never got round to watching them. It was good to be able to relax in a comfortable living room, and a good end to an enjoyable day.

 

About markr_mcmahon

Shaaaape of ye!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.