Existing Member?

Mark's World Tour 2007-08

Day 150: Lazing on 'Windy Beach'

VIETNAM | Thursday, 3 April 2008 | Views [703]

Thursday 3rd April

I had once again got up to watch the football during the night but struggled to stay awake during the Arsenal-Liverpool Champions League quarter-final (a 1-1 result that was a fair one from what I could see). I didn't feel too tired when I got up later in the morning and we had breakfast on the lawn outside the hotel, with the coconut trees providing shade from the sun and the beach only ten metres away – very nice!

There are a few things to see and do around Mui Ne, but we really didn't feel like doing a whole lot and we wanted to make the most of the peace and quiet that we had found before heading back to the chaos of Saigon a few days later.

It was another beautiful day, and it got windier as the day progressed. It had started off very calm and – or so we thought – with little prospects for the kite and windsurfers to get out on the water. However, conditions are obviously pretty consistent and they picked up enough later in the day to let the surfer dudes 'get their wind' (or whatever they might call it). It actually got so windy that the small-scale sandstorm that it kicked up forced Maria and I off the beach as it was stinging our mildly burnt skin!

So, for the remainder of the evening, we watched some TV, sat on the internet for a while and had food at the same beachfront restaurant where we had eaten the night before. They did some very nice fish (not sure what it was) and it was cheap at $3 for a whole grilled or steamed fish with rice. I had skipped lunch earlier in the day as I didn't feel hungry, so scoffed the food into me like a dog, my mouth never far from the plate!

For some reason – and one of them wasn't over-exercise – I felt particularly tired. We went back to the room to watch TV and there was precious little on. We started watching a movie called 'Something New', a terrible piece of crap about a black woman dating a white guy, which was so bad that I decided to go to sleep at 21.00!

 

About markr_mcmahon

Shaaaape of ye!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.