Existing Member?

Mark's World Tour 2007-08

Day 127: Just passing the time

LAOS | Tuesday, 11 March 2008 | Views [888]

Tuesday 11th March

Whatever was wrong with me, it wasn't much and I thought a lie-in would do me good, as rest was probably the best cure. I am usually up no later than 09.00 each morning, and the noise in the guesthouse is particularly bad: construction work is punctuated by the whining little kids that belong to the owners, the spoilt little bastards should be sent off to a village in the hills to sort them out, maybe then they'll have something to really cry about!

I got up late, too late for breakfast, so grabbed a baguette and ate it overlooking the river. I exchanged some money, checked my emails and walked to the temples on top of the Phu Si hill to take a look over Luang Prabang in the light of the late afternoon.

Having had little to eat all day, I laid into a chicken do piaza, rice and a stuffed naan at a good Indian restaurant. I spent the rest of the evening typing out my entries for this journal with the aim of getting it updated by the end of the week, and before my time in Laos is up.

Tags: relaxation

 

About markr_mcmahon

Shaaaape of ye!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.