Existing Member?

Mark's World Tour 2007-08

Day 68: Back in the 21st century!

SINGAPORE | Saturday, 12 January 2008 | Views [730]

Saturday 12th January

I got up around 11.30, not too late considering the amount of sleep I was due to catch up on. Mark had arranged to play golf with a few mates, so I was able to relax, grab food at the local corner restaurant (known as a 'hawker' food) and enjoy a coffee and the Saturday papers in one of the many cafes that are dotted around Singapore. I felt fantastic; even a simple pleasure of having a decent coffee and a read of the latest football news put a smile on my face. I was completely content.

I spent the afternoon sorting out a few emails, making the most of the internet in Mark's flat, and just generally kicking back. It was great to have somewhere comfortable and quiet to put my feet up and properly relax. After Mark got back, we went for dinner, and had more delicious steamed and fried dumplings, ramen and garlic spinach which was to become one of my favourite dishes in Singapore. I really hadn't tasted food that good in a long time!

After we had our fill, we went to the cinema to see 'American Gangster' with Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, not least the opportunity to sit in a modern cinema for the first time in a few months. After all, it's one of my favourite things to do, and it had been a while since I was last there (not counting the Bollywood movie that I had gone to in Delhi which was more of an 'experience' than a movie that I properly enjoyed).

We got back to the flat and caught the end of the Chelsea-Spurs game (typical Spurs throwing it away at the end.....so shit), and then watched the first half of the United-Newcastle game (I had expected a massacre in this half, but the floodgates opened after I had gone to bed). It had been a very enjoyable day, and an excellent contrast to the previous few days spent travelling.

Tags: Relaxation

 

About markr_mcmahon

Shaaaape of ye!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.