Existing Member?

Mark's World Tour 2007-08

Day 65: My last proper day in India

INDIA | Wednesday, 9 January 2008 | Views [795]

Wednesday 9th January

I was gradually feeling better as each day passed but still didn't feel like doing a whole lot. The morning and early afternoon were spent eating, reading and emailing. I met Jamie & Rhonda along the cliff edge path and had lunch with them, before heading back to my room to start getting my things together ahead of moving on the next day to Trivandrum, a journey which would see me ultimately arrive in Singapore via a flight to Mumbai. I tried to jettison as much as possible to keep the weight and bulk of my bag to a minimum but only managed to put aside the few magazines that Pete had given me at Christmas and the Batman beach towel that had served me so well in Goa.

I had dinner in the hotel restaurant and, struggling to find anything in a place focused completely on relaxation, had yet another early night. So, Varkala's not the sort of place to come if you're looking to do much more than chill out. I found that it was difficult to meet people in Varkala, and would't be in a hurry to rush back there either, especially as the irreversible tide of development will no doubt see it get even busier.

I felt a tinge of sadness at the thought of leaving India, but I was also looking forward with a sense of excitement to going somewhere new. However, I still had a day or so left in India, and had learnt from my time here that things change and plans can quickly go out the window, but I was hoping that it would be all plain sailing over the course of my journey out of India.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 

About markr_mcmahon

Shaaaape of ye!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.