Existing Member?

Where in the world is Lani?

Day 113 - Beating off the backpacker blues

SPAIN | Thursday, 10 May 2007 | Views [1468]

I have to admit that after 4 months of backpacking, I reached Barcelona feeling exhausted, mal-nutritioned and generally fed up with living out of a bag every single day. I did, however, remember that I only have the opportunity to live once, and that this trip has brought me some of the most wonderful times of my life!

So, I spent my first day here resting, eating well and generally getting myself back on track to tackle my last few days in Spain before hitting the UK for the next phase of the trip...

This morning I decided to grab Barcelona with both hands and make it a wonderful day. And i´m so glad I did!

I started by doing something which I knew would make me smile. I visited the foundation gallery for Joan Miró - whose art has bought me so much happiness! I spent a wonderful hour wandering the gallery, seeing his artwork and feeling on top of the world! How fantastic!

Afterwards, I wandered the beautiful park in the Montijuic district of Barcelona, admiring the wonderful view and the immaculate gardens, which included a spectactular display of water lillies (one of my favourites!)

In the afternoon I visited the Picasso museo, the chocolate museo and a small gallery called Iguapop in the Arc d´Triomf (yes thats how the Spanish spell it!) region of Barcelona. Amazing! Picasso was certainly a genious, and so was the person who thought to establish a museo of chocolate! Yum!

I have spent the remainder of the afternoon in the plaza surrounding the Spanish Arc d´Triomf, watching life go by and just marvelling at the Spanish zest for life and enjoying the sunshine.

So, I am definitely back on top of the world (after beating the backpacker blues) and the view from here is amazing!

Ciao xoxox Lani

Tags: Philosophy of travel

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.