Existing Member?

Where in the world is Lani?

Days 20 & 21 - Iguazu Falls

ARGENTINA | Wednesday, 7 February 2007 | Views [2311] | Comments [2]

Well they haven´t made it one of the seven wonders of the world for nothing! We spent the last few days with our mouths and eyes wide open in amazement at the absolute spectacular beauty of Iguazu falls, which borders Paraguay/Brazil/Argentina here in South America.

On Tuesday we arrived in Iguazu and spent the afternoon weathering the worst rain storm i have ever experienced on the Brazilian side of the falls. It was still spectacular, although I think even the falls were thinking "enough with the rain already!" I still got some great shots and most of all, I ensured that I spent more time actually experiencing the falls, instead of spending all my time behind the lens.

Today we were picked up early and taken to the Argentine side of the falls, which is more expansive and also there is more to see/do here. We started by walking the Superior trail which takes you along the tops of all the falls, not very high, but high enough to get the magnitude of these babies!

Afterwards, we rode the train round to see the biggest & most photographed of all - the Devils Throat. I think I need to write an entry on that itself to describe it. Bloody amazing!!!

Lastly, we walked the Inferior trail which takes you down lower to get a look at the falls from mid way down to the bottom (obviously not right at the bottom but pretty close!) 

Afterwards I acted like a daredevil and rode in a speedboat down the Iguazu river, and went under about 3 of the falls getting absolutely soaked. We were all laughing the whole time, as it was so fun, exhilarating & also amazing! We then splogged (very wet steps) up to jeeps which took us for a rough ride through the jungle to see the trees, birds, lizards and racoons before heading home.

I need to come back and write more about it once I have had time to think how to better describe them to you - which maybe i cant - but ill try!

With Love

Lani (I got soaked at Iguazu falls and all i got was this t-shirt) Shepherd

The Iguazu Falls

The Iguazu Falls

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Hola Lanz
The falls sound amazing...can hardly wait to see pictures. Were they selling t-shirts like at the Rock over here. Sounds like u had a really good time.
Hear from u soon..........Mama xoxoxoxox

  mama Feb 18, 2007 3:23 PM

2

This is my own photo!
How good is that?!?

  lani Feb 23, 2007 1:22 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.