Existing Member?

Where in the world is Lani?

Como Agua Para Chocolate

CHILE | Tuesday, 30 January 2007 | Views [4631]

This restaurant, inspired by the book "Like Water for Chocolate" recreates a colourful Mexican ranch, with wrought iron railings on the balconies and plenty of wood, stone and exposed bricks to add to the mood. The solid wood tables, musical instruments and oil lamps, contribute to making a very mexican romantic environment!

Ang and i had a beautiful dinner of mexican sample plates, sipping a divine Sauvignon Blanc from the Santiago region (when in rome....) and we were certain we didnt have room for dessert until we saw the Postres (afters) menu. We tried the namesake dish of the restaurant, which was chocolate mousse and raspberry sauce - what can i say!?! It was one of the best culinary experiences so far and the Chileans sure know how to theme & decorate their restaurants! Oh la la!

We had also resorted to having Maccas for lunch yesterday, and thought we had better redeem ourselves! You may or may not be pleased to know that it tastes the same as it does back in Oz except they have better desserts here at the golden arches. I guess the Chileans are serious about sweet treats, so it dominates more of the menu.

Anyway, can´t wait to report on the beef steaks in Argentina which may rival the meal we enjoyed last night.

Until then,

Bon Appetite!

Lani

Our favourite restaurant so far in Chile - Como Agua Para Chocolate (Like water for Chocolate)

Our favourite restaurant so far in Chile - Como Agua Para Chocolate (Like water for Chocolate)

Tags: Food & eating

 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.