Existing Member?

Where in the world is Lani?

Barceloneta Beach

SPAIN | Friday, 11 May 2007 | Views [4508]

In Barcelona you are never far away from some interesting architecture.. not even on the beach! Today I braved the masses to head to Barceloneta beach, and some amazing sites. One of them being this sculpture on the beach - but the designer of this building may have had a few too many drinks when he was drawing up his designs! hehe.

The beach here is different to my experiences in Australia and Brasil.... I hesitate to say the beaches in Australia and Brasil are better, but they are! I guess its just different here as well.

The sand is a grainy, dirt like consistency, still looks like sand, but is rougher on the feet..... and blows all over your bag and towel when you lie at ground level. So, as you can imagine, the bloke who rents beach chairs to punters for 5 euros a pop is making a good living!

Its also much more acceptable to go topless on the beach here in Spain as well. And I dont just mean for the guys.... I have no problems with people comfortable with their bodies doing whatever they want. The only annoying thing was the loads of English hooligan guys who use this as an oppotunity to oogle anyone and everyone like they've never seen the human body before.... oh well.

But the sun was shining, the beer was cold and it was a great day... my last opportunity to top up the tan before heading to London! Yikes!

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.