Existing Member?

Where in the world is Lani?

Reggae in Brazil

BRAZIL | Friday, 30 March 2007 | Views [1402] | Comments [2]

What to do on a balmy Friday evening in tropical paradise Brazil?

How about late afternoon caipirinhas* at a pub on the beach, followed by fresh fish and salad at the local restuarant, followed by a short bus ride to the party side of town? Then sipping more caipirinhas and listening to Brazilian cover songs performed acoutically on the beach, chatting with new mates from all over the world (even a Brazilian guy that lived in Newcastle, Australia for 2 years! What are the odds???)

Later, walking to the nearby local reggae club where they have live music until 6am - and its Bob Marley tribute night! Dancing until sunrise, walking home with friends and then a nice sleep in on Saturday morning before fresh coffee and live futebol on the widescreen tv.

Sounds good, doesnt it!

Your amiga from Brazil

Lani xoxox

* Recipe for Caipirinhas *

By the way - Caipirinha translates to "peasant's drink." It is also refered to the cocktail that replaced the malaria shot!

2 tsp superfine sugar
1 lime cut into small wedges
2 to 2 1/2 oz Cachaca.

Cachaca is a Brazilian cane sugar liquor that supposedly can be approximated by mixing equal parts silver tequila and light rum if not available. It costs less than $1US here for a litre bottle..... 

In a glass gently mash lime wedges. Add sugar and muddle until dissolved into lime juice. Add ice. Pour Cachaca, stir. Enjoy. Dance. Have fun.

 

Caiprinhas - ole!

Caiprinhas - ole!

Tags: Party time

Comments

1

yeeeewww!!
futbol and a gooooaaaaaaaaaaaal.
sounds like ur having the best time over there
i cant compete with that...
except for ben harper thursday night!
miss u and lots of love
megsie

  megs Apr 3, 2007 12:49 PM

2

Stealin the recipe for Good Friday... makin with my home grown mint and making sure we all cheers one in honour of our wonderful friend Lani. Missin ya.
Oh and don't worry you're not the only one who's not going to blues fest this year. Booo.
Lots of love and Ta for the post card.
B x0x0x

  Brooke Apr 5, 2007 3:18 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.