Existing Member?

Where in the world is Lani?

Llao Llao Hotel

ARGENTINA | Monday, 19 February 2007 | Views [3728] | Comments [2]

This afternoon I had some time to spare, so I did something that I occasionally like to do. I hopped on a bus and just went for a ride to where ever it was going to. In Bariloche, Argentina its a little different to Newcastle,Australia. By that I mean that instead of passing sights such as Hunter Street & Charlestown, I passed tonnes of beautiful lakes here which seem to go forever. It was well worth the 50cAUD I paid for the trip and seemed a great way to kill a few hours.

About 25kms out of town, I started to think "hmmmm..... I hope I can get back home alright" but I shouldn´t have worried. Bus number 20 ended up in a most lovely part of the world. I arrived to find, on top of a hill & spanning a massive golf course and resort, one of Argentina´s most famous Hotels - Hotel Llao Llao (pronounced yow yow). It was spectacular to see up close and on further inspection, I found out that they serve a posh afternoon tea every day from 4.30pm - 7.30pm and I had arrived at 5pm!

I was escorted to the back deck area, with posh wicker chairs, gold plated patterened tea cups and saucers, fresh lavender on the table and real napkins and tablecloths (not plastic or paper - fancy!)

For the Australian equivalent of $10 I had unlimited good coffee and trips to the buffet which had pastries galore, sweet treats and choccies! My most favourite thing they had was the sandwiches - all different flavours with the crusts cut off! How cute. (Ang they even had ham and cheese sandies... hehehe)

So, I sat in the sun, looking at the priceless view & pretending that I could afford to stay in the resort like all the posh people around me - I didnt want to leave! Nothing was easier except getting back on the number 20 bus and taking an easy ride back into town!

Until next time, now I know how the other half lives!

(Posh) Lani  

The Llao Llao hotel where afternoon tea is anything but usual! Very posh!

The Llao Llao hotel where afternoon tea is anything but usual! Very posh!

Tags: Lost!

Comments

1

A little bit of adventure goes such a long way.

  Doanie Feb 21, 2007 12:57 PM

2

well well well if it isnt someone living up the life. sounds like you are haveing a splendid time over there in these posh hotels that u stumble over and with all that nice coffee u r drinking. the pictures look amazing and im glad that u r enjoying even when i know how much you are missing me. i miss you alot and i hope that everything is going fine and dandy. love ya lots and lots, hope to talk to ya soon shish-ka-bob. love ya kelsa xox

  kelsee luego Feb 21, 2007 4:19 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.