Existing Member?

Nomada lllll africa ll north america l central america l south america

i have the land, now i start building?

KENYA | Tuesday, 20 October 2009 | Views [875] | Comments [9]

great news,

the coordinators husband came into town to visit and asked a simple question:

how are things going, i usually check in to see what ideas, or proposals volunteers have?

should i tell him this huge concept id though of for hours on end the past few weeks? i was so intimidated but how could i not say it out loud when id been dreaming it and here he was asking. so i said it. i layed my idea out there. "i want to buy land and create an educational permaculture farm for the community and feed the kids w/it" before i could say more he said "follow me"


he led me outside and there i was on the hill where he said he wanted to build a 2story hut w/an upper room for watchin the sunrise "and doing yoga" i added. "ill do it with you" he said....but dont buy land, you can have this land.


i wanted someone to pinch me, was he serious...oh yes he was. we talked completely committed for the next half hour and then the following week where we layed out the ideas and concepts of the farm. we were both on the same thought process of creating a community sustained farm and building a beautiful new hut. amazingly the hut he described was the near exact replica of a dream home i had drawn 3yrs ago when i was in eugene. i am now convinced the universe is on my side more than ever.

thankyou father sun, mother earth, moon child, and ancestrial stars for guiding our paths in unicen.

tomorrow i find out details about costs and we begin the paperwork and fun raising.

also i leave the village in 3 days and we are going to purchase a huge rainwater catchment tank for the kids so they wont need to drink gross lake water anymore. please help donate online. $1=1 liter...we want at least a 500liter tank. thanks soo much all!!

donate here, http://africa.thetclub.com

kwe aheri (peace, i love you)

kena achieng

Tags: land, organic

Comments

1

WOW!! this is exciting news,Kena!!!..I'm so happy to hear this!..can I come and help do the building or the earth work!...I am so so excited!!!!!!

love you..Rita

  RITA Oct 20, 2009 4:18 PM

2

So happy about this news :)

  Lisa Marie Oct 20, 2009 4:40 PM

3

mmmm Africa. I've been gifted in my dreams from Africa. A friendship necklace. The man I was dating was born in Zimbabwe, I drew what I saw in the dream, and he told me what it was. Beads and feathers. Good luck Kena. I'm glad you have made this connection.

  Nicole Oct 21, 2009 1:57 AM

4

Bless you, Kena, for nurturing and nourishing the children of the world. You inspire us all to reach beyond our petty concerns to create and realize true goodness and love. Of course we miss you but clearly you are where you are meant to be. We'll donate something soon! Gracie & I always find Kenya on maps and talk about your helping children far, far away.
Take good care, love, cathy

  cathy Oct 21, 2009 6:56 AM

5

Kena I'm so Proud of you! it's so Awesome you got the land and that great man is helping you build a house! :) I'm going to try to by min today so I can call you.. Miss you love you

  Ashley Oct 21, 2009 8:44 AM

6

I'm so proud of you!!! You are changing this world in such amazing ways. May the stars shine on you. Much Love :)

  Elin Oct 21, 2009 11:44 AM

7

Congratualtions! That is so amazing, I am so happy for you that everything is finally coming together! Good luck!!

  Chelsea Oct 25, 2009 8:03 AM

8

Wonder of Wonder, miracles of miracles (Fiddler on the Roof : )) Yes the Universe is on your side, for the Universe is love and provides everything for those in service to love. You are being guided and always have been by the Unseen Hand Dear Sister. Keep the Faith for it is our True Resting Place and it is more reliable than anything reason could come up with. I love you so much! Blessed be Beautiful One! You are always in my heart. Thank you for all your hard work/heart work. Namaste!

I would love to talk to you on the phone soon! I'm still cell-phone less, but I think the time is coming to replace it, *sigh* Many blessings on your head and all those you touch, have touched, and will touch.

  Genevieve Nov 13, 2009 3:56 PM

9

WOW...that is truly FABULOUS news. Ask and you shall receive...I've always found that to be true. I read an earlier blog while at Sara's for Thanksgiving, in which you talked about needing some art supplies for the Sunday classes you're teaching the kids. Sara's grandpa and I will be donating....what do you need most? I have in mind paper, markers...what else?
Bless you for your vision and what you are doing!
Jeri

  Jeri Sheahan (Sara's grandmother) Dec 2, 2009 9:06 AM

About kena


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.