Existing Member?

World on a Shoestring A beginnger's guide to traveling around the world...as written by beginners...

Vege-mighty BAD!!

NEW ZEALAND | Sunday, 11 February 2007 | Views [1065] | Comments [4]

There's a plague running rampant throughout the world that hasn't yet scourged the American plains.  This nasty pest is a yeast-extract spread that so many Australians and Kiwis refer to as Vegemite.  In the UK, I believe they call it Marmite, but if you ask us, it should be labeled toxic waste and buried.

As Gen was not brave enough to actually try the stuff, Jake was volunteered by lack of a better option to fall victim to this awful spread.  Figuring the best way to get the full taste sensation would be to eliminate any competeing flavors, we coupled the spread with a a tasteless rice cake.  I suppose the pictures will tell the rest of the story...

A word to the wise:  under NO circumstances should you attempt to try this stuff!!  It tastes worse than it smells, and it smells like unhappiness!

Tags: I should have known better!

Comments

1

Haha, bring some back!

  Ardy Feb 21, 2007 2:51 AM

2

..... yummmm.

(p.s. kofison misses you two crazy kids!)

  Alison Feb 21, 2007 5:34 AM

3

You mean there is actually something you wont eat? I dont believe, after all you are an actor.

  Alex Feb 22, 2007 1:19 AM

4

i love you both, love looking at pictures and reading your comments. miss you

  mompiece Feb 22, 2007 1:43 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.