Existing Member?

World on a Shoestring A beginnger's guide to traveling around the world...as written by beginners...

Well, my friends, the time has come...

USA | Sunday, 4 February 2007 | Views [3433] | Comments [2]

We love Lionel Richie...

But I digress.  Somehow the countdown went from two months, to two days, and I missed most of it.  I need to lay off the 'tusin!  Anywho, as Gen and I wrap up the few loose ends we have left (like where we're staying in Thailand), we really get a sense of what we've blindly taken on.  We stopped trying to sleep a week ago, and have instead dedicated our night hours getting our clothes ready.  As of right now, we're almost completely packed, although we need to do one more run through of the items in our bag and remove about 25% of them.

For a break between hair pulling sessions, the 4th grade class Gen's mom teaches had us as guests so that we could tell them about our trip.  We gave the students a quick geography lesson (though they seemed to know more than I did) and showed them some of the gadgets we'd be taking with us.  After their kindergarten buddies arrived, we let each student try to pick up a fully-packed bag. Gen and I were really impressed with how strong the students proved to be!  It was great to meet all the students in Room 7 at Wyncote Elementary!

              

Tags: People

Comments

1

Have a great trip! Sorry I couldn't be at the going away party! I can't wait to hear all about the trip....be safe and have fun! Love you!

-Marty

  Sarah Martin Feb 6, 2007 5:50 AM

2



Look forward to seeing you on my part of the world!
DRUM BUN!!!!
(Good Travels)

-ari

  Voiajor Feb 6, 2007 9:36 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.