Existing Member?

World on a Shoestring A beginnger's guide to traveling around the world...as written by beginners...

Moroccan Madness

FRANCE | Thursday, 14 February 2008 | Views [1087]

Don't look at me like that, Bogie, we was only doin' what we was supposed to do!  You made Cassablanca look so good, we figure we couldn't pass it up. 

We've seen Casablanca.  And since Hollywood is always historically and realistically accurate, we had no doubts that Morocco would be full of hip, swinging cats, who look sharp and love their women, their cigarettes and their booze, in that order.  Turns out Hollywood lies, much to our dismay and chagrin.

We spent our last night before setting our for Morocco in a cheap guest house n Algeciras, the gateway betweeen Africa and Europe, drinking and planning.  But as we were to find out, no amount of planning or drinking could prepare us for what was in store.  Along for the ride were our new Brit friends, and , and with them we boarded a boat bound for Africa.  Before we go any further, let me offer some advice on the boat issue.  Don't spend too much time trying to figure out which boat to take as they all cost around the same.  Also, don't count on their time tables.  They're accurate but only to a certain point.  The timetable should have a footnote that reads +/- 1 hour.

That having been said, we made safe passage into africa from

Here's lookin' at you, kid...

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.