Existing Member?

Bec and Toms European Adventure

parlez-vous anglais?

FRANCE | Monday, 6 April 2015 | Views [240] | Comments [3]

Do you speak English? Coz our French suuuuckkkksss! this is Tom and I every where we go haha. Was slightly overwhelming going from comfortable UK to pickpocketing-poo covered paths-rainy cold windy-non english speaking France! But, in our 4 days here so far we have readjusted and Paris has given us some beautiful blue skies and sun today..with a top of 10 degrees!

we arrived in Paris by bus into Bercy, and with a train line similar to the London underground we hopped onto the metro and used our super dooper Paris metro phone app to get ourselves to Lourmel station where we stepped out onto the street..turned left and there was our apartment! We Decided on a small air BnB apartment for our 5 nights in Paris to refresh from hostel life and have a cosy place to head home to at the end of our busy sight seeing days! Small may not be the right word for our apartment though..shoebox sounds closer.. Or maybe matchbox.. But our one bed/couch is comfy..our shower is hot with good pressure and our teeny tiny one pot stove is super for cooking one pot dishes. So we were super happy in our teeny tiny Paris home! 

 

We'Ve seen all the sites like good tourists should do in Paris.. We'Ve mastered 'bonjour'..'au rivior'..'non'.. And 'merci'..and that's about al the French we can manage bt it's gotten us by! We went to the Catacombes.. Seen the Eiffel tower in rain and sunshine.. Climbed to the very top..and by climb I mean the lift..we went to the louvre..for 2 hours before we decided we'd seen enough..we do try to be super interested in all of the museums..but once you've seen one pot..you've seen them all. We got a cruise along the seine river.. Tried to find Quasimodo at Notre Dame..walked along the Seine.. walked along de champs Élysées ..ate expensive pizza along de Champs élysées.. Visited the Arc de triomph .. The list goes on. Paris is crazy busy trying to see everything and our little feet are doing a good 6-7 hours of walking a day! 

 

Tomorrow is the most exciting day of all, possibly of our whole trip.. Or even our life so far.. DISNEYLAND!

 

Paris has been interesting to visit, but we are ready to leave (after disney of course). Next stop is Brussels, Belgium on Tuesday.

hope everyone had a lovely Easter. you're welcome for the paragraphs Jess and Manda!

 

Comments

1

Paris sounds busy but amazing I hope to get there one day. Hopefully the weather will start warming up for you as ours starts to head south. Enjoy Disneyland the happiest place on earth. Safe travels to Belguim. Xxx

  Gai Apr 6, 2015 5:02 PM

2

Aaah your writing was a joy to read miss hetherington! Excellent use of paragraphs, our next goal is correct use of capital letters....we'Ve???

Did u have someone make a caricature of u that looks nothing like u???

  Jess Apr 8, 2015 8:53 AM

3

Love reading your blog. It makes my heart sing to see you both so happy and thoroughly enjoying yourselves. Can't wait for the next instalment. Keep having fun and stay safe.xxxxxx

  Mum Apr 9, 2015 9:05 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.