Existing Member?

My super boring journal I would like some more pressed duck.

Holy Cowes

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 23 September 2006 | Views [836] | Comments [6]

Hello, Hello!

I am sorry for the delay. I was going to write a journal last Saturday but there were only 2 comments. My week was pretty boring. More of the same from last week. I will have to tell some lies (maybe).

I had an exciting event when I was contacted by the person who manages this website. As the most successful journaller on world nomads of ALL time I was asked to give my opinions on how to improve the website. I wrote an article and have been sent a World Nomads t-shirt. I was very pleased to think that my opinions will be impacting cyberspace AND the world at large.

I am going to Germany for my half term break in 4 weeks. I have gotten a very good deal whereby I fly to Germany and then have to come back through Dublin where I will stay for 1 day, and then come home for 60 pounds. ($150Au) That is pretty fantastic. I am going to Stuttgart (That may well not be how it is spelled and may just be a word that the spell check came up with when I was incoherently typing but I am sure you all know what I mean.) and will stay with a girl I met in Canada. I did not actually teach her English but met her on my New York trip. I will also spend a day or two in London before I head to Germany.

It is a nice sunny day on the island. There is actually an apple festival on this weekend that I may check out tomorrow. In the brochure it says we can have apple tasting, apple cider, apple pies and many other apple related activities. Excitement doesn’t come any bigger than this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I am getting a hair cut. I want to get all the dyed blonde bits cut off. They are driving me mental. I was trying to look up pictures of hairstyles on the internet but the only one I could find were out of 1982. Disappointing. I am also going to be shopping for a bicycle this weekend. My only problem will be getting to the other side of the island if that is where they live. (I will buy one out of the paper).

Ummm… School is ok. My worst students have been suspended already… but they will be back. I have also joined a union which I am quite excited about. The oppressed masses rise to take over the capitalist pigs.

Did you know that the slang word for police in French is Le Poulet which means the chickens! Weird!

I have seen lots of three wheeled cars like the one in Mr Bean. I always laugh when I see them. I also got to watch Neighbours for the first time in ages. It is on at 5.00(I think) and usually I am not back from work until about 6.00. It was the one where Stingray had his screening of his film and won a prize and Karl and Susan got back together.

I though this was going to be a bit dull but it turned out to be the best entry ever! Fancy that!

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

Neighbours has evolved since then. Stingray got SKY pregnant!! Everyone thinks its Dylans baby but only Sky and Dr Karl know da truth. And Paul's dating Lyn... eww!

A girl came into my Coles a couple weeks ago and asked me if I was Susan's sister. I said yes. She was Janice from you tutoring job. I told her what you had been up to but I dont think she cared. She says Hi!

  Ebony Sep 24, 2006 1:05 AM

2

Dear Susan,

Congratulations about being the most successful journaller of all time on the website. I also like the headings of every posting. Have fun in Germany. I'd like to see three-wheeled cars too. Can you take some photos of these and put them on your site. The ones here are pretty boring and samey with exactly four wheels each. I have probably never sat through a whole episode of Neighbours, but that just shows my age. I have watched Home and Away though. Good luck with your students. When I was doing teaching prac many moons ago, I once found that shouting at them calmed them down for a bit.

Love Janet

  Janet Cheeseman Sep 25, 2006 4:55 PM

3

Episode #11: (SING)"Tiffany Road, where I will never, Tiffany Road, roses are forever, Tiffany Road, makes all your hopes shine through... ooooh." Scene opens on beautiful people doing beautiful things, eating beautiful food, and just wishing that something interesting would happen. Mid-shot of Susette at a small round table, accompanied by, an as yet, unnamed stranger. Her name was Cindy Cindington.
"ANNNND may I take your order?" rolls the waiter extravagantly. He is hoping to break into modelling. He is studying law in the meantime.
"I'll have the Apple Related Activity, with a side order of capitalist bacon." said "I'll just have the le poulet, minus the meat." breathed Susette.
"So, TELL me what you have been up to since we last chatted." purred Cindy. "I've been DYING to hear."
"Well, that was in Year Nine, so a bit has happened. I was beard stylist for a boy band, I designed camouflage for the military-"
"The U.S.?" asked Cindy.
"No." said Susette "And I worked in Stuttgart for a while as a paper technician."
"Where's Stuttgart?" puzzled Cindy.
"Well, I'm not actually sure if it actually exists, but I did work there." stated Susette confidently.
"OK" agreed Cindy, and they then discussed the role Susette was to play in a drug bust/police corruption sting.
NEXT WEEK, ON 'TIFFANY ROAD', WILL SOMETHING INTERESTING HAPPEN? WILL MORE UNNAMED STRANGERS DIE TO HEAR? AND JUST WHO WAS THE MYSTERIOUS MAN IN BLACK THAT YOU COULD SEE RECORDING SUSETTES CONVERSATIONS WHENEVER THE CAMERA PULLED BACK? All this and more in the next installment of "Tiffany Roooooooooad."

  The Soapy Sphinx Sep 25, 2006 11:59 PM

4

Hi Sue!
As I fear your wrath, I have obediently read your post. My, how it makes the cockles of my heart glow like coals on the beach at sunrise eating icecream.

Thats right, the coals are eating icecream.

Importantly, whilst talking aobut where are they now? I have come across a juicy morsel. Where are Alan Jansson and Pauly Fuemana? more commonly known as OMC creators of the New Zealand 1996 hit 'How Bizarre'.

Pauly is working with Lucy Lawless of Xena Warrior Princess fame and Alan has a new band Los Autros who are the 'future of hip hop'!

Cindy Cindington - Best name ever!
Other possibilities could have been Cindy Cinders or Cindy Cin City.

Must go
Love Tim

  Tim Sep 27, 2006 10:02 PM

5

Hi Susan!

Wow! Two posts in a row!

As your musical correspondent, I felt I had to share this info - which I am lifting straight from the page of the latest Mojo Music magazine (the music snobs bible)

There is an article about music that has been officially banned (band!) by governments - these include

The Soviet Union blacklisted the Village People as being "violent"

In 1999 in North Korea, where all music must praise Kim Jong-il or be demed as "jazz" the worst spoiled culture of capitalism', pianist Kim Cheol-woong had to write a 10 page letter of apology for playing a song by Richard Clayderman

In 2005, the Iranian President banned George Michael, Eric Clapton and Kenny G (understandable). Previously the official proclamation was "Music is not banned in Islam, but to get enjoyment from music is banned".

The Czech psychedelic band 'The Plastic People Of The Universe', (who must be great due to that name), were arrested, instruments confiscated and declared morbid. They were barred from public shows but in 1974 secretly recorded Egon Bondy's 'Happy Hearts Club Banned'

In 1933, amid talk of banning the saxophone in public, a Seattle Congressman submitted legislature that included "Persons convicted of being jazzily intoxicated shall be sent to an insane asylum"

Thats all from me, I shall return
Tim

  Tim Sep 30, 2006 1:52 PM

6

On behalf of Ted I'm informing you that the West Coast Eagles won the Grand Final. Woo-how

  Ebony Oct 2, 2006 8:09 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.