Existing Member?

Continental Divide Trail 2011 close to 3000 miles through new mexico, colorado, wyoming and montana. May 1 start date.

adios belize.

BELIZE | Friday, 15 January 2010 | Views [587] | Comments [1]

I am currently in an internet cafe in punt gorda (or pg) belize. It is a small coastal town with lots of local fruits and veggies and I dixcovered two mayan women who provide traditional meals so I've been hanging out with them and eating beans and tortillas. I had a fabulous couple days since I last wrote. I found san ignacio to be a bit of a disapointment because one can't do anything without paying for an expensive tour. I did find my own way to a couple ruins and paid a total of 12 US dollars when the same tour was 65 so I was proud of myself. Plus I was able to hang out at the top of a temple for 2 hours by myself in the morning before all the tour groups came. I then randomly ended up in a very small coastal village called Hopkins. The town consists of one dirt road that stretches about 3 miles along the carribean. I stayed on the beach and met some fellow travelers. Incredibly nice people. I hope to return there on my way back to cancun in april. Yesterday I stopped by another ruins site and spent the afternoon wandering around PG. I hope to make it to Quirigua, Guatemala tonight.

I have had a wonderful week but am looking forward to Xela and staying in one place for a month.

Tags: belize

Comments

1

Hi Emily,
Thank you for all the good tips. It is reassuring to know what to expect when we get there.

It started raining here on Sunday and is supposed to continue through Friday. The rain is heavy with strong winds. Huge Puddles are standing in our yard.

The language school will be so fun--I want to go! Keep us up to date on any info which will be helpful.
I will study my spanish so we can converse.I wonder who Jack is going to talk to???

Love you,
B & J




  B & J Jan 19, 2010 12:26 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Belize

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.