Existing Member?

Continental Divide Trail 2011 close to 3000 miles through new mexico, colorado, wyoming and montana. May 1 start date.

central america 2010

BELIZE | Saturday, 19 December 2009 | Views [699] | Comments [1]

I just returned to san diego after two months working trail crew in yosemite, mourning the end of the PCT. We were laid off a couple weeks ago so a coworker and I spent 10 days visiting yellowstone in the snow, missoula and seattle. I met my family at disneyland a few days ago and I'll be in san diego for 3 weeks. My plan for the holidays is to eliminate half of my belongings. I will be heading to my dreaded storage unit within the hour for the first day of organizing. I am not looking forward to it but I am overwhelmed with the need to SIMPLIFY. I have a ticket to cancun, mexico on january 9th and will be flying home on april 20, in time to go to the 2010 PCT kick-off to see my PCT buds. I plan to work a full season in yosemite this coming summer as well. After flying into cancun I will have 10 days to breeze through belize on my way to The Mountain School, in Xela, Guatemala. I will spend a month there learning spanish. The following two months I plan to wwoof, learn to dive, visit mayan ruins, and practice my spanish. I am excited to travel again!

Tags: preparation

Comments

1

Hi Emily,
Laurie is here and has booked our trip. We will leave about Midnight on Feb. 27th and depart on March 9th Our "Villa Antigua" Hotel will be for a week so we must either stay at Tikal or get lodging for three more nights. We haven't booked our Tikal flight and wonder if it's cheaper to book it there? What do you think?--B & J

  B & J Jan 13, 2010 5:20 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Belize

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.