Existing Member?

Continental Divide Trail 2011 close to 3000 miles through new mexico, colorado, wyoming and montana. May 1 start date.

washington!!! 2,155 miles and 508 to go

USA | Saturday, 29 August 2009 | Views [372] | Comments [3]

Once again, this will be brief. I am currently in Seattle attending my roommate from college (Charissa's) wedding but just a couple days ago I made it to Cascade Locks, the end of Oregon. I've walked over 2,000 miles now with only 508 to go. Oregon was fabulous. We passed through crater lake, several small resorts, 3 sisters wilderness. I was hiking most of Oregon with my friend Socks. We did at least 25 a day. I spent the last 150 miles on my own and caught up to many friends I hadn't seen in a long time. Many of us decided to try a long day into Timberline Lodge, Oregon. I made it 44 miles in one day! Then spent the next day eating buffets and soaking in a hot tub. My friend from New Zealand, Julie, came to visit as well.

I absolutely loved Oregon and can't wait to see Washington. It's sad to think about the end of the trail, but I look forward to the next few weeks in Washington. For now, its time to eat some wedding cake.

Comments

1

Hi Em,
We remember Charissa from your graduation. She must have been a beautiful bride. Our weather has been hot--in 100's plus. Take lots of pictures of the scenery and your friends. We want to see both. Enjoy the last 508 miles!

Love,
J & B

  Jack and Bev Aug 31, 2009 7:33 AM

2

Hi Emiley,
Hope every thing is going well with you.
Cant wait to hear all about your trip.
I love you.S

  Bonnie Jenkins Sep 2, 2009 10:42 AM

3

Thanks for the update! Have a great walk in Washington.

  Yuliya Sep 4, 2009 3:17 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.