Existing Member?

Continental Divide Trail 2011 close to 3000 miles through new mexico, colorado, wyoming and montana. May 1 start date.

in Oregon!/ Ashland: mile 1726

USA | Sunday, 9 August 2009 | Views [439] | Comments [2]

I've made it to Oregon. Crossed the border yesterday morning and pulled a 33-mile day to get into Ashland last night. Ashland is our last real town until the end of Oregon so there are many hikers here resting up and enjoying luxuries like: food, movies. The last stretch was beautiful but challenging. I had decided it was a brilliant idea to send my sleeping bag forward to Ashland since the week before Shasta I hadn't even taken the sleeping bag out of its stuff sack because of the heat. Well, in the last few days we had an unusual storm that lasted several days. I ended up using all of my clothes, backpack and an emergency blanket to stay warm. So, my trail name is E. Blanket. I have a trail name finally! I'll be spending the next couple days in Ashland resting up and preparing for the rest of Oregon. It feels wonderful to have walked the entire length of California! What a long state!

Comments

1

Hi Em,
We took a 5 day motor home trip to Pismo Beach. The fish and chips were so awesome that we each ate 5 pieces twice for lunch.
So glad your foot is better and that you have a trail name. We hope you have recovered your sleeping bag--sounds like cold sleeping without it.

Love,
B&J

  Jack and Bev Aug 14, 2009 9:45 AM

2

Emily! I have missed my dear friend. Your story sounds like the time that i had to put on all my clothes and try to fit into my backpack when i let graf use my sleeping bag on the Mt Holmes 10 day from hell. I am done with YCC and am enjoying catching up with your life on the trail as i sit in the mammoth BCO. Yellowstone and I miss you, it calls out your name at night as the wind wails through the cottonwoods. cant wait to chat sometime. love you friend.

r

  Rachel Cudmore Aug 25, 2009 1:31 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.