Existing Member?

The Great Spiral

Hacking with 'The David' in Florence

ITALY | Tuesday, 22 July 2008 | Views [946] | Comments [1]

So, our emails were along teh lines of 'We will meet you in front of the bell tower at San Marcos at 6.00.  We will wait until 6.20 and if we dont see you then we will come back at 8.00 and 10.00pm.'  So, we didnt catch him at 6.00, therfore we went on a Gondola ride.  It was very peaceful.  Our driver was great, he sang (and squaked like a bird when we passed a seagull on a pike in the water) he also rocked the boat with his legs which made us laugh...  It cost 80 Euros, (we knew this getting on) but Katie really wanted to go on a ride.  It was a unique experience though.  So, then we went back to the square at 8.00.  We waited until 8.20 and nothing, I walked back and forth a lot but never saw him.  So then we went to eat... Which was a mistake at the place we were at.  I think it was the equivalent of Denny's but with prices of Red Lobster.  It was like eating fast food in the country that controls cuisine...  Anyway, we went back to the square once more at 10.00 and waited until 10.15, and I thought, 'Ill make one more pass through the square and if he isnt there we will leave.'  Of course on the other side of our meeting point there he was sitting in the middle sof the plaza area.  We hugged and laughed about the meeting and then we pulled out the Hackey Sack to finish our 'Hack Across Europe' that we started in 2003 in Spain.  It was like 'poetry' Matt and I determined, the reason I told the CHS hack club that I would take pictures of me hacking in relevant places around Europe... and Matt was able to join... 

Anyway, so we are now in Florence Ive got another 10 minutes on teh computer here, I'd better wrap it up, Ill post another blog later... tonight we are off to Munich where tomorrow we will visit Neuschwanstein castle, then to Switzerland, Lichtenstein, France and back to Germany to head home...  We still have about 2 weeks (or a fourth of our trip) but it feels like its already over...

Ill post more later.

 

Comments

1

It isn't over until it's over, really. Had Matt been waiting all night since 6:00? I'm looking for the pics, can't wait to see them. We are off tommorow for another 3 days, then home until we head off to Ohio again. Miss you take care, Love you

  Sharon Jul 24, 2008 9:27 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.