Existing Member?

DavidFordJournal

Happy Christmas (no marks for originality)

INDIA | Saturday, 26 December 2015 | Views [514] | Comments [2]

Hi All,

A very brief blog to wish you all a very happy Christmas. I'm very grateful to have such loving family and friends and very appreciative of it.

I've had a good day in Kalimpong today, a lie in populated with mysterious and snowy dreams, a fine Kamal breaffast of banana pancake, coffee and toast, a misty morning and sunny afternoon spent reading the bodhicaryavatara and the Poisonwood Bible, the latter always with trepidation, and the evening buying a Padmasambahava rupa and Mahakalika (?) thanka which are pretty cool methinks. 

This followed by a vegetable special at the King Thai restaurant where I met Sagar and family and accepted his invitation to visit Lava tomorrow via his motorbike and a surpise chat with Dad, Trudes, Al and my 'younger' nieces.' Fab.

So another day in Kalimpong beckons. I also had a nice chat with a guy at 'Food Trafford', the Manchester United theme bar in Kalimpong (bizarely enough), and then with another guy on Main Street as we watched the Christmas celebrations. 

I've had fun!

Lots of love to all,

David/Berniexxx

 

Tags: christmas, family

Comments

1

Hi David,
Lovely to read your blog. You write well & I get a real sense of the places you're visiting.
Good luck with your journey southwards!
Love
Dayabhadra

  Dayabhadra Dec 26, 2015 11:35 PM

2

Hi David.
Belated merry xmas to you! You do indeed write very well. I've been trying to create space to call you but have failed miserably in the face of the family xmas onslaught. Gill and I are off to Ethiopia tomorrow for 2 weeks. I will be thinking of you across the Indian Ocean! Hope to call you soon and best wishes. Michael

  Michael Inglis Dec 27, 2015 9:09 AM

About davidford


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.