Existing Member?

DavidFordJournal

Change of Plan

INDIA | Saturday, 12 December 2015 | Views [440]

My train for New Jalpaiguri leaves tonight and not tomorrow night as I had thought. 

I've just booked two nights at the Dekeling guest house in central Darljeeling and I'm quite excited now and looking forward to what I hope will be a calmer atmosphere. Actually, I'm really excited. Dekeling was not my first choice but sounds nice and is run by Tibetans..

Did not make it to the flower market this morning, predictably enough, this time because I've come down with what I hope is nothing more than a cold. 

Veggie burger, extra chips and my first cup of tea today at the 'Bistro by the Park' which is not as peaceful as it sounds. The only park nearby being Park Street. It is close to the old Calcutta Turf Club, whatever that was (Dad, maybe you can help out here) and I shall attach that photograph as a signature to this particular blog. 

So, no venture out to the cricket club today. I shall be resting, packing and collecting my laundry at 8pm before I set out for Sealdah Railway Station for the Darjeeling Mail, leaving at 22.05 (hopefully), arriving at NJR around 8.00. Estimated laundry cost 200 rupees by the way, so not too bad.

Love to all and I shall miss Calcutta (a bit). xx

Tags: change of plan, food, train journey

About davidford


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.