Existing Member?

7 months of Bulldust

Mission Beach / Bingil Bay

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 7 September 2010 | Views [959]

 

Afraid we didn’t get all that far after leaving Cairns – we seem to have slowed down the rate of travel enormously – perhaps a hidden desire to eke the last out of our holiday before arriving home.  We are staying at Mission Beach – a popular destination with holiday makers as it is beautiful.  However, always keen to avoid any possibility of crowds we are staying at another small council operated camping ground at Bingil Bay that only takes up to 8 campers at any one time.  It has basic but functional facilities of toilet, shower and potable water and we are camped right on the beach.  The campground lies at the end of a road that only leads to this camp area and it is surrounded by dense World Heritage Rainforest that meets the beach.  We have been watching Ulysses butterflies dancing around the tree canopy and keeping our eyes and ears peeled for the illusive Cassawary but so far no luck.

 

Walks along the beach, swimming, music and rest , with the odd game of beach volleyball or cards in the evening is how we are spending our time in this wonderful idyllic corner of the world.  aah the serenity!

 

 

About callwill

Heading off

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.