Existing Member?

7 months of Bulldust

Ethan – After Kakadu then what?

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 9 August 2010 | Views [530] | Comments [2]

 

Hi there everyone,  I know I have been a bit slack with doing any blog posts but have been very busy exploring.

 

After we had been to Kakadu, we came to Katherine where we have been staying for a month while my Dad has been working at Tindall Air force base during operation ‘Pitch Black’.  I am a regular at macca’s where mum and I stop for a soft serve ice-cream when we have been riding our bikes around the town and to the library.  I have been reading a book a day so we have to keep going back to the library to get more books because we can only borrow 2 at a time.

 

At Katherine we went to the show and the rodeo where I saw the cowboys and cowgirls riding bucking bronco’s and bulls; wrestling steers to the ground; lasso’ing cows and there were kids on bucking ponies and calves. 

 

We also went to the Katherine speedway where we sat right near the fence and got covered in mud when the cars threw up clods of dirt as they flew around the track.  There was old jalopies, new fancy racers and go-karts.  One time one of the cars rolled right in front of us and ended up on its roof (the driver had to go to hospital – we think he had a broken collarbone), another time a car hit the wall and broke it’s axle.  It was lots of fun to watch.

I have been making and playing war hammer while I have been here, and have made a space marine attack bike which I really like.  It is the first time we have had time to get the war hammer stuff out of the bottom of the ute. 

 

Dad and I went off for the weekend by ourselves to do a survival night in the bush – like “Bear Grills” on tv.  We had to build a shelter by getting sticks and plaiting together pandanas leaves for the roof.  Then dad taught me how to light a fire using a flint – it took ages and was much harder than I thought it would be.  We couldn’t catch any food so it was just as well mum packed some.

 

I am really missing everyone, I am hoping that it goes quickly for the last part of the trip so that I can see everyone again soon.  At the end of this week we are heading off again along the Savannah way back to Queensland.

 

See you later

Ethan

Comments

1

HI Eth,
Thanks for your update! Glad to hear you and your dad survived your night out in the wilds of Katherine - Oliver is keen to join you on the next one when you are back home.
Tomorrow we are heading off to the Ekka. It is pouring with rain here and more for tomorrow so we will have to pack our brollies and raincoats. Oliver has picked out a show bag called The Original Idiot. YOu can imagine what is in that - lots of practical jokes I expect!!
We are looking forward to your homecoming but we are sure you will continue to have a fabulous time on the way home via Cape York.
See you soon. XXXXXX

  FOP-sies Aug 10, 2010 9:48 PM

2

dear Ethan,
we are all missing you. don't worry though,if I was having as much fun as you were then I would probably be a bit slack on writing blogs too.
See you soon,
From Eva

  Eva FIFER Sep 9, 2010 9:51 AM

About callwill

Heading off

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.