Existing Member?

7 months of Bulldust

Ethan – Hello’s to everyone

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 14 May 2010 | Views [813] | Comments [2]

 

It has been really busy travelling and it is hard to fit everything in.  Mum is making me do 3 hours of school work a day  - most days of the week.

 

We were camping in the Gawler Ranges and we went to the ‘organ pipes’ they were really steep, and were actually shaped like organ pipes or I thought they looked like rockets about to take off.  Some of them looked like they were about to fall off and take all the other’s with it.  We also camped at a really cool rock called Pildappa Rock.  IT was huge and I climbed up on top and explored – then got to show mum and dad around all the crevices and rock pools I found.

 

Then we went to Perludi Beach where Dad and I went fishing on the canoe.  There was a mouse plague here and at the Gawler Ranges, and all night you could hear the mice running around and over the tent. 

 

After that we went to Point Sinclair where there were some terrific sand dunes and me and dad played races up and down, and I threw my crocs and him.  Dad took endless photos.  We were tugging at each other to try to slow down the other person so we could get passed – then we would fall down in the sand.  I soooooooo beat dad though.

 

 

At Ceduna I wanted to go into the toyworld shop – but mum wouldn’t let me  (even though I haven’t been in one for years) .  We went to have oysters at the oyster Bar, they came with little plastic swords (red, green and gold) to eat the oysters with.  I decided to save the little swords but the green one has got broken, the red one flew out of the car door at 100k/h, so now I only have the gold one left.

 

Crossing the Nullabor we went on Australia’s longest stretch of straight road (146.6k) – but I don’t really remember it cause I was reading.

 

I am having lots of fun, but I miss everyone heaps.

 

Bye

Ethan

 

Comments

1

Hi Ethan,
We are all pleased that you are doing three hours of homework each day. Well done MUM!!!!!
Sorry that we haven't written back. We have been preparing for and doing NAPLAN.
Fortunately NAPLAN is all in the past now.
The swords from the Oyster Bar sounded interesting - we hope that you manage to keep the gold one with you until you return.
We loved the photos. How many have you taken already?
The sand-dunes sounded like lots of fun.
The mice plague did not sound like lots of fun.
Please tell us about the interesting wildlife that you have seen.
Keep smiling, stay safe, and look after your mum and dad.
We miss you lots and lots and lots.
Bye for now,
Mrs Harris and all your classmates.

  5CH May 17, 2010 2:36 PM

2

Hey Eth,
Soooo impressed with 3 hours of homework nearly every day!! Oliver, so far has done zilch although he is keeping up with his journal writing every couple of days.
Sounds like you have become a professional traveller and really know how to pick be best and most fun things to do.
Oliver tells me to tell you he has finished the Skulduggery book and he is really looking forward to seeing you, hopefully in a few weeks.
Keep safe until then!
XXX

  The Priebby's May 30, 2010 1:06 AM

About callwill

Heading off

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.