Existing Member?

7 months of Bulldust

More from the Flinders Ranges / a surprise for the bike riders!

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 26 April 2010 | Views [437]

We have tried to fit in some drives and walks around the spectacular Flinders Ranges (in between the thunderstorms – Steve fluked a great lightning shot that I’ll load up to show you all)

 

Yesterday we drove through Bunyeroo Valley, Stokes Hill lookout, walked along Sacred Canyon where we saw indigenous rock carvings on the walls of the canyon; Aroona Valley,; historic Blinman village (with it’s very cute old houses); we explored the Appealinna Ruins and had lunch in a creek bed in Parachilna Gorge.

 

Whilst there, we came across a group of about 20 gnarly, skinny, tanned blokes in their 50’s – 60’s who were push bike riding the 220k circuit around the Flinders Ranges (including one guy with a long white beard down to his waist).  (It made me think of you Paul P and your upcoming Gibb River Road Ride – …….the ride NOT your age).  Anyway these chaps were riding up some really steep dirt roads and we apologetically inched past trying not to throw up too much dust in their faces!!!  (they all waved cheerfully as we went past – goodness knows how they had the energy obviously really fit ).  Just over the next rise in the road however, we glanced over to see two naked young women having their daily ablutions in the creek ……… so maybe the struggling bike riders would be re-energised by the surprise awaiting them over the next hill?????

 

About callwill

Heading off

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.