Existing Member?

kiting, diving, trippin' I ain't never been lost, just confused for a few days - Daniel Boone

Methven / Mt Hutt

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 5 August 2006 | Views [865]

Canterbury, New Zealand

Canterbury, New Zealand

What can I say? First time in the snow that I'm old enough to remember and we get to Mt Hutt in perfect conditions for 5 days on the mountain.

The trip from the back door of the lodge to the shuttle was daunting enough. Us tropcal people aren't used to crunching through a layer of ice on the ground to start the day. The view and the trip up the mountain more than made up for it though. The road has been cut into the side of the range to get to the top and was half of the experience in itself. With beautiful views and sheer drops all the way up to the ski base it takes 45 mins. to do the 26km trip.

That's where the fun began......................................had a bum that looked like I'd sat in a tin of black paint, and a smile a large lemon couldn't get rid of.......................................

Back in Methven they have a very nice little ski village where everyone knows everyone and everyone knows everyone else's business too. They have every taste catered for from backpacker to bells and whistles.

Tags: mountains

 

About bundynbeaches

Who wants to work after seeing a picture like this?

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.