Existing Member?

Wanders of the World

First 100KM

GERMANY | Saturday, 15 September 2007 | Views [571] | Comments [1]

Patti: So we have been two days on our bikes. Yesterday was Frankfurt to Mainz which was about 48 km. It seemed like we never really left the city as it was one village after another, connected. Never the less, it was very beautiful. We rode near the river for basically the whole time and it was nice and flat. At one point we rode through a large vinyard and Amy stopped to get us samples of the grapes yum! We made it to Mainz in good time and we found an outdoor patio to have supper. Amy enjoyed a beer and we heard some sort of karaoke amplified by the Rheine River. 'I Love Rock and Roll' came through loud and clear, so we couldn't help but sing along. we spent this morning exploring the city of Mainz, and ventured into our first Catholic chuch that was over 1000 years old. We were soon back on our bikes, which was another amazing ride, but significantly more difficult, with hills and wind. Again hills and hills of vinyards. When we finally found our campsite, it was a 300 meter push of our heavily loaded bikes and trailers up a big hill; this just added to the challenge of the day. All in all, things are going well. We will soon upload some picutres and thanks everyone for the comments.

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

Hi Patti and Amy

Of ocurse what you describe(riding up hill with loads of gear) sounds like misery to me but knowing you guys, sounds like it must be a blast! You will be incredibly buff at the end of all this. Nice to see your faces on the web and live vicariously through you. take care and will write other comments soon. ML

  Mary Louise Sep 21, 2007 2:43 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.