Existing Member?

Wanders of the World

Enjoying the Heat

CANADA | Friday, 16 November 2007 | Views [612]

Patti: So we are now in Dubai and it has been a bit of a shock to the system to go from near freezing temperatures to 30...but Winnipeg sunseekers know all about that. We have certainly experienced more of a cultural difference here in Dubai in 2 days than we did in all of our time in Europe so it has been interesting. We went to a huge fish market yesterday and had lunch with a room full of the male merchant in some back room cafeteria. The food was great and cheap. That was our big event for the day as we were kind of recovering from our flight from Frankfurt. It was delayed by 4 hours so we had spent lots of time in the airport and on the plane. Our service and the food on Air Emirates was so good that Amy did not want to get off the plane!

Today we did a bigger tour of the city and took public transit. It is a huge city with tons of growth going on. We had the priveledge of doing a mosque tour (something not normally available to non-Muslims), went to the Dubai museum, an old shiek's house and an old market area. It was all interesting. We were supposed to go on a "Desert Safari" tonight but there was a mix up with the transportation so it is postponed until tomorrow so we are doing this instead. We hope to get a look at the huge, sail-shaped 7 star rated hotel here, see the indoor ski slope, and take in a bit of beachtime during the day tomorrow. Then we are off to Africa on Saturday!

Tags: Sightseeing

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.