Existing Member?

Wanders of the World

I'm lov'n it

FRANCE | Monday, 12 November 2007 | Views [872] | Comments [1]

Amy: I am sitting in McDonalds (free internet) sipping the beer that I got with my Big Mac Meal.  Gotta love it.  It is cold and windy here in Strasbourg and we spent the day doing a walking tour of the city.  It is a beautiful city with many wood timber houses and canals running through it.  I am really looking forward to getting to Dubai and Africa to feel the warmth of the sun again.  Although I did buy an accessory for my snowboard the other day and hope to do some snowboarding when I am home at Xmas. 

Yesterday we spent the day driving from Colmar to Strasbourg.  We took the designated Wine Route that wound through the many vineyards and quaint towns in the Alsace region of France.  At Patti's request we took a mountain pass and found the snow she had missed in Switzerland.  We stopped at a castle and made note of all the bike routes in the area.  Now that we have a bike tour under our belts we can imagine ourselves coming back to this area to cycle it.  ( any takers ? )

That is all for now, except a message for Gale;  pictures of me in a bikini are for private viewing only, maybe over a beverage or 2 at xmas.

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

Heh Amy and Patti,
First time I've sat down and really looked at your travel sight. Wow, I am jealous. It brings back lots of memories of the year I spent in Germany and my travels. Enjoy, enjoy and Patti take it easy on the wine!!

Here's a quick update from my world. Monday night hockey has been good this year, a lot of good skaters, so it is definatley a great work out each week, we look forward to your return next year. Bison Sport is keeping me busy. Women's basketball is off to a 3-1 start and are very fun to watch this year and they are a full court press run and gun team!!! The Football team is one win away from a trip to the Vanier Cup in Toronto on Grey Cup weekend of which I hope I will be attending. Women's Volleyball and Hockey are ranked #1 and #3 in the country and oh yah we have a men's basketball, volleyball and hockey team that try too!!

Kids are crazy busy with hockey and are growing up way too fast. Tons and fun and laughs still, we are only a few months away from the teen years with Ryan!!!

Talk to Jen George this am so I will forward your site to her. Enjoy your time and I look forward to seeing you and enjoying a glass of wine together!!!

Carol

  Carol Ploen-Hosegood Nov 12, 2007 9:19 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.