Existing Member?

Wanders of the World

A few important details

FRANCE | Saturday, 10 November 2007 | Views [1029] | Comments [3]

Amy:  Just a few important details that Patti missed.  When in Florence I purchased a bottle of wine that was made in Tuscany, near Florence, that Patti said “it isn’t even offensive”.  Maybe there is hope for her yet.

 

There is an amazing grocery store near the hotel we are currently staying at so we stocked up on groceries again.  Italy didn’t have the cookies I liked, good potato chips or good luncheon meat and the cheese was difficult to choose.  I am happy to be back in France and for the first time Patti seemed as excited about food as I was.  We purchased shrimp for supper along with a couple of pieces of delicious chocolate mousse cake.  I was also able to get a delicious bag of chips and a box of my favourite cookies.  Life is good.  Did I mention the container of 20 croissants we bought?  Check out the picture, seeing is believing.  Oh, yeah, I also picked up a bottle of Riesling that is made near here.  A little too sweet for me but my sister would like it.

 

We purchased some internet access today and think we have found a great 19 day safari to do while in Africa.  It is reasonable priced and it will be a bit of relieve to not have to make all the decisions everyday. i.e. Where to go, what to see, what and where to eat, where will we sleep….you get the point.

 

We are thinking of visiting a chocolate museum in Strasbourg on our way up to Frankfurt.  I have cut back on my Belgium chocolate consumption since we stopped riding but we still have a supply for emergencies….

 

We both think of home often and appreciate all the comments and updates people have been leaving us.  We are looking forward to being home for Xmas (keep your fingers crossed on the Montreal connection) and reconnecting with everyone. 

Tags: Food & eating

Comments

1

Sorry you missed your snow and fireplace mecca; I'm sure we can find both for you on your return at Christmas and you can just pretend you're in Switzerland. For now I'm glad you got to enjoy the amazing beauty and art at every turn in Florence. I'm even more happy for you that you have found excellent food, still have chocolate and looks like you'll have enough croissants for a month! Not so sure about Patti converting to be a wine drinker - now who can I make faces with when the wine is served?
Think you are very wise to take the planned safari for convenience and safety, it's just so much less hassle and allows you to take everything you can in instead of always planning and looking for a good rate etc.
Looking forward to hearing all about it. Cor and Karla

  Cori Nov 11, 2007 2:32 AM

2

There is a renovation god (at least sometimes). The electrician came on Wednesday and Friday this week and completed all the electrical work. The only bad thing was that he had to be there for both Wed. & Fri. (two days of paying someones labour). Oh well, I guess it's only money. It is a beautiful Remembrance Day weekend in Sask. It was sunny and up to 10C today. The weekend will be pretty perfect if the Riders beat the Stamps tomorrow (the Bisons beat the Rams today). Carly is off working this evening and Max is off to watch a hockey game with his team. With such an active social life, Heidi and I are home alone. Take care, ha-kunna-ma-tatta. (I think that is meerkat for take it easy.)
The gang in Regina

  Bob Nov 11, 2007 11:50 AM

3

HI Ladies,

Winnipeg update: Bombers Won today, it was a close one!

I was busy today helping my sister make butter tarts for Christmas, I think I did more eating, than helping.

Take it easy
Shannon

  Shannon R Nov 12, 2007 11:50 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.