Existing Member?

Graham Williams & Louise Jones Travel Blog This is our journal logging our trip through Central and Latin America from July 2005 to the present date. We update it and add new pictures every two to three weeks. At the moment Will is travelling in South Africa, while Lou is living in Buenos Aires.For more background reading on our travels go to - http://journals.worldnomads.com/will/

The Sierra Norte and the Pacific Coast

MEXICO | Friday, 12 August 2005 | Views [1298]

As mentioned in the last entry, we enjoyed our time in the Sierra Norte so much we went back for more. This time we walked between the villages which took us in some very remote parts of the mountains. Even though the routes are the traditional pathways between the villages, very few people walk them these days so the forests are not disturbed. Wild flowers and colourful mushrooms grow everywhere. If anyones interested we have written a practical account of trekking in the area which can be found by going to  www.roughguides.com  then clicking on community and journals, then searching for the journal under member typing in our username willlou.

After our long trek we came back to Oaxaca for a few days before heading for the Pacific coast. We are now in a small backpacker resort called Zipolite which is very hot and tropical. Its very laid back and reminds us very much of places weve been to in Asia. The difference here is the sea, huge waves crash in making it quite dangerous for swiming. Although this makes it a good place for surfing we have yet to see anyone actually do it. There are lots of Europeans here particularly Italians and Brits.
Tomorrow we are starting our journey to the state of Chiapas, so back to the cool of the mountains.

Tags: On the Road

 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.