Existing Member?

i carry your heart with me it's not about being impressed; it's about being captivated...

moving on...

ARGENTINA | Monday, 4 June 2007 | Views [366]

Okay, today we leave at 0530 for the bus trip into Bs As, to catch the ferry to Uruguay.  When we get there we tour the town of La Colonia, followed by a three hour bus trip to Montevideo, quick check-in at the hotel, and finish the day with class.  This should be a packed week!

Yesterday we walked around another market - found some very neat stuff at this one.  Then we went to Pirates of the Carribean.  Yes, it was in English, with Spanish subtitles.  I almost didn´t go when I learned we were seeing the English version; I thought seeing it in Spanish would be more cultural.  It was a long movie - they even stopped during it for a 10 minute intermission. 

Then we had an early dinner at a pancake/crep place.  Mine had cheese, chicken, tomatos, red peppers, and egg on it.  Funny thing - this was the cuisine which to me was most like in the US, and it was really the only thing that didn´t sit well in my stomach.  But it did taste real good ;)

Let´s see, Saturday:  a lot of sleeping!  (thought still not enough).  I sleep in, ate breakfast, lounged around the hotel, then walked to the other market.  Came back, took a nap.  Got up and walked around a different market.  On the way home, we saw our artist friend on the street - the one who had given me his shirt at the bar.  We sat down and chatted, they bought us a beer.  Next, came back, took a nap.  Went to dinner at an Irish Pub.  Came back, went to sleep. 

;)  big hugs

Tags: updates

About wandorion


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.