Existing Member?

i carry your heart with me it's not about being impressed; it's about being captivated...

volleyball !!!

ARGENTINA | Wednesday, 23 May 2007 | Views [889] | Comments [2]

My professor hooked me up with volleyball!  After class we walked to few blocks over to the gym.  There was a men´s game last night, so I went back after studying.  The game itself was a lot of fun to watch - they are very good.  Everything rules-wise seemed pretty much the same.  Sports are a universal language ;)  The only thing that surprised me was that there were no line judges.  And also that the ceiling was out of bounds completely, but this varies by gym in the US anyway.  They played best of five, but the local team = Estudiantes de La Plata, won in four.  They last two games were very close, making it quite exciting.  There was tremendous talent and skill on that court!  

Also, I talked to Horace - he works at the gym and is the father of one of the players (I think).  He invited me to use him as a guide for the cathedral, which is beautiful and in the park just across the street.  I think I am supposed to meet him this afternoon. 

Then a bunch of the girls and women from the female teams can over.  It was so much fun!!  They got to practice their English, and I got to work on my Spanish - good deal.  They kept telling me I was really nice; mad me smile.  The one even invited me to come stay at her house.  I think that would be fun.  Plus, she wants to exchange shirts - I was wearing my Idaho law t-shirt.  So I think we may both get awesome souvenirs out of this introduction.   

Thursday I am going to watch the women´s game, and then I think next Tuesday I get to actually play with the women´s team for practice.  I am of course really looking forward to it!

ciao

Tags: Adrenaline

Comments

1

Wish I could see you play with the women. I am sure they will be impressed with your game. Great idea on the shirt swap! Were you wearing one of your volleyball shirts when you were watching? Have fun. Luv-L

  Laura Varga May 23, 2007 11:58 PM

2

I am so jealous!! I wanna play v-ball!

  Tina Jun 12, 2007 7:33 AM

About wandorion


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.