Existing Member?

i carry your heart with me it's not about being impressed; it's about being captivated...

Live Earth - Rio 2007

BRAZIL | Sunday, 8 July 2007 | Views [734]

It was on Copacabana beach.  Started around four in the afternoon and went until 10:30.  Local artists, local DJ´s, plus Pharell, Macy Gray, and LENNY KRAVITZ.  Oh yeah, and it was free!!!  Yeah, I had a very good time. 

I went there with Antonio.  He owns Jungle Beach Hostel, which is where I am headed Monday...  Anyway, we ended up near a group of locals, and the people just started giving up beers and cotton candy.  Antonio is almost old enough to be my dad, but he told them we were boyfriend and girlfriend so that they guys would stay away from me.  The girls were fantastic fun!  I really wish I understood the language!  

As for that boyfriend part, we dropped that act for a Brazilian from another group close by who came to meet me.  Very attractive guy.  He claimed to not know English, but we nonetheless founds means to communicate :)  Oh, and at the end of the night I told him I thought he really did know English and that he was just pretending like he didn´t.  He answered no - so I have to wonder how he understood the question.  ha ha.

The English all the guys did know: ´the book is on the table.´  Oh, and this other guy who actually did know English asked me where I was from.  I said Michigan, and he started jumping up and down yelling ´Michigan!  Michigan!´  Then he stopped and said ´where is Michigan?´   Ha ha - that´s gotta make you smile :)-


Oh, also, I got my first pickpocketing experience.  The bastard took my map!  And he got my hostel ID card.  The first time I should have figured out what was going on, but the second time I felt nothing.  Those people are smooth at what they do.  But I knew enough to not really bring anything valuable with me.  And my money was in every pocket but the one he was going for!   (my angel is watching over me).  It was funny, too, because right after he did it Antonio commented that we where in a really safe spot - being with the locals.  That pocket was the one on the outside of the circle, though. 

The locals were very good to us.  They gave us beer, cotton candy :), tried to speak some English for me, and that guy I meet quickly got between me and a fight that was starting directly behind us.  It was nice.  The people of the country continue to capitavate me (even the ones who dig in my pockets).  :)

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

About wandorion


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.