Existing Member?

i carry your heart with me it's not about being impressed; it's about being captivated...

some people´s kids

BRAZIL | Monday, 18 June 2007 | Views [667] | Comments [2]

Do everyone else a favor: when you are in another country, it is your responsibility to communicate in their language.  Do NOT expect them to know your language and do NOT get mad and yell at them when they don´t.  Realize that you are not in your home - you are a guest in someone else´s land.  Realize that you are not always right nor are you automatically a victim, and even if you may be right in your country you need to take into account the fact that you are in a different country.  Respect their ways, their customs, and their rules.  When you get mad and yell, not only do you look stupid but you also reflect on the rest of us who are here to experience another culture.  Your outbursts give a poor impression of your home country, as well as making the evening much less enjoyable for your travelmates (although, after we took her home, we did get lots of free drinks from the waiter who she yelled at).     

Tags: Philosophy of travel

Comments

1

OK so much for the tirad, now what really happened...By the way thanks for the Fathers day watch it is very nice and thoughtful of the 3 of you...We called twice but no luck...Luv Dad

  George McLaughlin Jun 19, 2007 1:53 AM

2

I agree with Dad . . . what really happened? Obviously, some alcohol was involved, some shouting, somebody being sent home . . . where are the details, Sharon?

Miss U- Laura

PS- what day are you coming home and are you flying into Detroit? I don't have that information anywhere.

  Laura Varga Jun 19, 2007 6:05 AM

About wandorion


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.