Existing Member?

i carry your heart with me it's not about being impressed; it's about being captivated...

beaches

BRAZIL | Sunday, 17 June 2007 | Views [684]

Sorry I haven´t given you any entries lately - it takes a lot of time and effort to enjoy the sand, sun, and ocean ;)  ha ha

Rio is absolutely amazing!!!  This is a must visit for anyone who ever ventures away from home.  Our hotel is half a block from the beach.  We go everyday and enjoy the sun and sand.  Today we walked along the water and found some volleyball courts; they were playing doubles and only using soccer moves.  Stunning!  I should definitely learn that sport (Laura and Anna - that means you have to learn, too, so that I have people to play with!). 

Brazilian people continue to captivate me - their confidence, beauty, charm, and language skills.  They make the visit easy and comfortable.  And they know to enjoy partying earlier in the evening; the clubs are good at midnight (not 3am like in Argentina).  The first night we went out to Lapa around 3:30, and it was already closing down.  Last night we walked a few blocks from our hotel to a club called Bunker.  It was great (though really loud - it is still buzzing in my head!).  They had a couple different floors and we danced until almost 4am.  It was great!  Then we got a ride home from this amazing guy: 24, great dancer, knows at least three languages, gentleman - all around quite appealing.

Okay, I am off to study for a little while.  Tonight is a samba show.  hugs 

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

About wandorion


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.