Existing Member?

i carry your heart with me it's not about being impressed; it's about being captivated...

a new shirt

ARGENTINA | Saturday, 2 June 2007 | Views [327] | Comments [2]

Okay, so I had given away one of the three t-shirts that I brought on this trip.  Hummm, a need to replace it....

Last night we ended up back at Hispano.  It is a really fun bar (except for the massive clouds of smoke) - this is the place I met the cop at last week.  They play ´80´s music (which unfortunately turned to techno for part of the evening).  It makes me happy (the ´80´s, not the techno) and even more so because it comes across as them thinking the music is current.  (Personally, that genre of music will always be current ;) )  Anyway, I decided that I really liked the bartenders shirts.  The front is the Steilla trademark and Hispano is written on the back.  So I asked one of the locals how I could get one of those shirts.  He went to the bartender to find out, and the bartender told him that all the workers only had one (sure, almost believe that).  Well, this guy comes back and relays this message to me.  And then he says that I can have his shirt.  He just takes off his ten thousand lays and produces this other bar shirt and gives it to me! ! ! !

Very random.  Very wonderful. 

*I am going to wash the shirt before I wear it.*

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

HAHA I'm loving your blogs! I've just now getting around to reading them! Sounds like you're doing great!
Keep em coming!
T

  Tina Jun 12, 2007 7:31 AM

2

I love this story! I can't wait to see the shirt! Can you post pictures on your blog?

  shannon Jun 14, 2007 10:26 PM

About wandorion


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.