Existing Member?

Expat Vagabonds "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness." Mark Twain

Food, Glorious Food!

USA | Wednesday, 4 May 2011 | Views [701]

Too much good food?

Too much good food?

It’s possible to eat healthy aboard the ship, but judging from the lines (both food- and waist-) not many do.  Each night one of the dinner offerings – appetizer, main course and dessert – total fewer than 800 calories – but only one.  No numbers are given for the other options.  I have been taking the low cal option but tonight opted for the duck, a personal favorite. Laura has a condition that is aggravated by glutton.  During dessert the head chef visits her with the next evening’s menu and suggests a meal so we get a sneak peak at what is ahead.

We have been going to the buffet for breakfast and lunch, a more challenging option.  There are just so many choices, but it’s doable if you take small portions.  It’s the baked goods and ice cream that are the killers.  Literally!  We had to turn back towards Palm Springs sometime last night to offload a medical emergency by helicopter.  A coronary, no doubt. 

They are very concerned about spreading diseases onboard and everyone receives a dab of hand sanitizer before entering the dining areas.  A case of flu or, god forbid, something like legionnaires’ disease, would be a real bummer – and bad PR to boot.

The fitness center is a godsend.  Without it we would all look like the beauty by the pool!

Tags: cruisin

 

About vagabonds

Connie and John at Machu Pichu

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.