Existing Member?

Where ARE We? Kent & Anna retire and travel the world

Urbisaglia Upper

ITALY | Friday, 1 August 2014 | Views [183]

Another glorious day of sunshine, so we just HAD to go out and do something. We made the short drive over to Urbisaglia to visit the Rocca or Fortress. This site is linked to the Roman amphitheatre we visited last Wednesday (23 Jul). We parked just outside the town walls and walked up to the Fortress (http://www.meridianasrl.it/rocca-di-urbisaglia.html; sorry, they don’t have an English version of this site). Sure enough, our ticket from the amphitheatre allowed us entrance to the Fortress (we had purchased a package for both sites). The views were grand, but especially so from the top of the keep (or tower in the center of the Fortress). We climbed five flights of stairs, which were almost like climbing ladders as they were extremely steep and narrow. But the reward was clear 360 degree views, even up to the Sibillini National Park. There were a few puffy white clouds, but we could see the mountains in the Park without any problem. We stayed up at the top for a good while, then meandered back down to see what else Urbisaglia had to offer. We poked our noses into the church next door, then indulged in a midday gelato before wandering through the narrow streets over the tourist information office and back to our car.

 

About taylortreks

Kent & Anna

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.