Existing Member?

Where ARE We? Kent & Anna retire and travel the world

Muriwai Beach Trip

NEW ZEALAND | Sunday, 8 September 2013 | Views [307]

Muriwai Beach

Muriwai Beach

We've gotten somewhat settled. It's amazing how long it takes to get the fridge and pantry stocked, our body clocks in the same time zones as our bodies and not have to think *really* hard about which side of the road on which to drive.

Our first little foray was out to the Gannet Colony on Muriwai Beach (west of Auckland). A short little jaunt that got us out of the house for a while. And on the road practicing staying on the left side. We had a nice lunch at the SandDunz (yeah, waaaay too cute, eh?) and then over to the Gannet Colony.

The birds are fun to watch fly around on the winds around Muriwai Beach. And tough to catch on camera! Gannets are pretty birds and they can glide, glide, glide!

Before the Gannet Colony we stopped at a winery to do some wine tasting. (Warning: this will become a familiar refrain over the next 6 months!) Diana at Nobilo Winery gave us a lovely introduction to the wines available from Nobilo. She even found some red wine that we liked. Looking forward to trying all the wines we brought home!

After the trip to Muriwai Beach, we drove a little further down the road to Helensville. The photo is of the old Helensville Post Office (it's now a clinic or something). Great old buildings in that part of town!

We're looking for places to go further north. We'll try to update the blog more often. Stay tuned!

 

About taylortreks

Kent & Anna

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.