Existing Member?

Sloggs' Travel Blog A journal of my travels in 2008 & beyond...

The Russian market, Phnom Pehn

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 10 February 2008 | Views [3379] | Comments [1]

Sacks of rice and pulses at the Russian market in Phnom Pehn.

Sacks of rice and pulses at the Russian market in Phnom Pehn.

Today Bex, David and I said a fond goodbye to Joanie after sharing breakfast and mega coffee near the hotel. It's sad to say goodbye... I hope she gets home safe and sound and without too much more suffering with her stomach!

The three of us went off to find the Russian market in south Phnom Pehn, said to be one of the best sights/sounds of the city. We are getting savagely good at tuktuk bartering now and soon were on our way nice and cheap!

The market is a huge maze of stalls with goods ranging through hand crafted goods, raw silk, rice, dodgy designer watches and raw food ingredients! The meats were not looking good, especially the fish and live eels squirming around their bowls!

I didn't plan on buying anything, but ended up getting some gifts for some special peeps back home. So tomorrow from Bangkok I need to figure out how to package and send those home!

Bargaining is fun... and we ended up staying there for hours, Lol! Bex enjoyed playing the instruments and even singing, Lol!!

We've eaten now and having just spent a couple of hours uploading pictures and updating the blog, we're off to watch the Manc derby on TV in a bar.

Tomorrow I am off to Bangkok, up early for a flight that came in at around 35 quid! Screw you hideous road... Muahahaha! ;)

I'll update again from Bangkok or Kanchanburi, where I am heading next...

Chuurs!!!

Sloggs :)

Tags: adventures, markets, walking

Comments

1

I think veggie is the way to go!!!

  Jo Feb 11, 2008 4:47 AM

About sl0ggs

Me with the kids at Cawaro Village School during the Vitika Trek

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.