Existing Member?

Sloggs' Travel Blog A journal of my travels in 2008 & beyond...

Back to Bangkok

THAILAND | Monday, 11 February 2008 | Views [1070] | Comments [3]

Thanks to the awesome TV coverage on the hotel TV's of the prem games and the Six Nations, I didn't get to sleep until 1:30am, and had set the alarm for 6am to get up, pack and get to the airport for my 8:30 flight to Bangkok...

Two of my thoughtful Asian neighbours decided to have a shouting and screaming fight at 2:30am, and all the rooms have an open grill above their doors in the place we stayed, meaning even with my ear plugs in I could hear them extremely loudly! I shouted a couple of times, but they didn't care, the girls voice was so piercing and the guy sounded like he was trying to calm her down and shut her up with a much quieter voice. After a while he left and she sobbed out loud for another 20 minutes... fucking great, cheers!

So, once more a limited amount of sleep! The airport in Phnom Pehn had many thousands of mozzies flying around where you check in, and their was a guy there with a seriously powerful zapper tennis racket thingy like the one I had in work. You could hear the zap of mozzie killing from the other end of the check in hall, it was awesome! What a cool job, lol!

I got to Bangkok with no drama and have checked into my first shared dorm of the trip... a/ to save a few pence, and b/ cos the place I went (recommended in the rough guide) doesn't have any more room, but it looks like a good spot (downtown area of Bangkok). I met a Swiss chap moving out of the dorm when I got there and an American guy who came back for a sleep after I'd showered in the shared bathroom and was sat getting my laundry ready. He didn't speak much as he looked pretty tired, but he seemed alright. Someone else is in the room of six beds too, and their kit is all over their bed and floor next to it, a right mess Lol!

I've put my laundry in to a local place for a couple of quid, and it smells! (Embarrasing handing it over, but what the hell) I've found a place to trim my fuzzy head too, so will do that later or tomorrow morning.

Steve was meant to be coming here today, but he got drunk lastnight and stayed in bed instead, Lol. I might see him tomorrow I guess...

I think I'll go and find the cinema this afternoon and maybe visit the giant aquarium near to where I'm staying. I also found a place to package up some stuff to send home via UPS for about 14 pounds which isn't too bad... I won't do it very often though, as the savings on buying the gifts gets wiped out by the cost of sending it home...

I'll start planning in earnest for Kanchanaburi tonight/tomorrow, so should be leaving for that area Wednesday.

That's all for now!

Sloggs

P.S. Thanks for all the comments so far from everyone who has taken the time. I appreciate it, but may not get chance to answer them all directly... ;)

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

 

Comments

1

Hi Dude, sounds like your having an amazing time, always wanted to go to Vietnam but I'll have to save that for another trip. Do you have an email address your using whilst your traveling?

  Ringo Feb 11, 2008 9:15 PM

2

My email address is the same as usual throughout my trip... sl0ggs @ gmail.com :)

(That's a zero in Sloggs and I added spaces either side of the @ in case you copy and paste it)

  sl0ggs Feb 11, 2008 11:05 PM

3

You should have gone around and comforted the Asian girl after he left if you know what I mean...

  DiceMan Feb 13, 2008 8:38 AM

About sl0ggs

Me with the kids at Cawaro Village School during the Vitika Trek

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.