Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

Feels like home...

USA | Wednesday, 17 June 2009 | Views [427]

It’s so nice to be home with mom and dad, let the pampering begin. We wake to a fresh pot of coffee and a breakfast of fruit, eggs, toast and sausage. We don’t even have to clean up the kitchen. I could get used to this. And that’s when mom informs us that we wont be getting this treatment every morning...well we'll see.

Thankfully, our delayed bags are delivered by American Airlines early in the morning. We empty all our dirty clothes into the washing machine and spend the rest of the day chilling around the house until about 4pm when mom forces us to go on a walk with her. Now I’ve come here to relax, not exercise. But nonetheless, I get dragged out to the park and spend an hour trailing everyone through the woods.

"Trail" is actually a perfect description of what she did - Alicia, as most of us know, will not be rushed. And how could she be expected to walk in flip flops anyway? Oh wait...what was that? She chose to wear flip flops? Anyway, at least from the back she can offer advice to her much fitter and more active mother on her gait and the best power-walking technique. Classic Alicia.

18th

We spend the next few days hanging around Hinsdale. Mom shows us around, We play a few games of tennis (or at least Rich and dad do), read a few books and eat loads of food.

19th

We go visit Naperville, the suburb we lived in when I used to live in Chicago. We drive by our old house and check out the revamped downtown area. I don’t recognize this place anymore.

 

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.