Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

NYC followed by a long flight

USA | Tuesday, 16 June 2009 | Views [340]

We have an afternoon flight to Chicago today, so it's another early start so we can fit in the other half of our NYC bus tour - Uptown. We see Donald Trump's newest NYC high rise, which will apparently soon count Beyonce, Jay-Z and Sting among its residents. So this is how the other half live...

We're soon passing through Harlem and then heading south again past the Met and Guggenheim museums, along the east border of Central Park. Unfortunately, like yesterday, we're in a rush and don't have the time to explore as we'd like to. But it's not the end of the world, we'll just have to come back again.

Against the advice of the hotel, we hop on the subway to La Guardia airport. They suggest that the journey is too complicated for mere tourists - rubbish. One train change and we're there.

Our flight to Chicago has a one hour stopover in Cincinnati. Upon arrivial we find out that the rest of the journey is delayed due to bad weather in Chicago. We waste time at an airport TGI Fridays bar and a couple hours later we're on our way.

Finally we land in Chi-town. Now just need to get our bags...yeah the bags please? Hmm after waiting for an hour we're told that our bags must not have made it on to the flight. Of all the places we've traveled, our bags get lost on a domestic flight in America. Nice. Oh well, it’s the best place to be bagless, seeing how we’re staying with my parents and I have loads of clothes there. (even some nice frocks for Rich)

And speaking of my parents, they're here to pick us up! Even after all the delays, they both have huge smiles on their faces. Their favorite daughter has returned!

from de plane

from de plane

 

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.