Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

Zanzibar - Paradise

TANZANIA | Monday, 17 November 2008 | Views [1327]

Wow!

That just about sums up our first impression of Zanzibar's north coast. If you just try to imagine all that a beach paradise should be, then you're getting close to what Kendwa can offer you. If you don't believe me, just take a look at the pictures.

We take a shared taxi from Stone Town and really have no idea where we're going. Since arriving on the island, people have been constantly asking if we were going to Kendwa Rock's Full Moon party on Saturday night. Having no prior knowledge of the party, it becomes clear we're just lucky in our timing and should of course go and see what it's all about. The shared taxi is organised through our hostel and the driver basically drives us around until we find a place we like for a price we can afford. The journey itself is only about an hour - although it takes us from one end of the island to the other - and when we arrive at Kendwa, we're just at the bottom of a dirt road. Nothing special about this. We walk through a nice looking hotel and suddenly emerge on what can only be described as the perfect beach. It's really one of those rare situations when you can't help yourself from exclaiming "OMG", pretty quickly followed by "I've died and gone to (beach) heaven!" The powdery white sand, feels like bliss to our feet as we walk across towards the crystal clear, turquoise waters of the sea. It's like nothing we've ever seen before, with the water so calm, you'd think it was a lake. We decide to stay here forever.

This is our last entry - if you want to see us again, come to Zanzibar!

Our bar view @ Kendwa

Our bar view @ Kendwa

 

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Tanzania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.