Existing Member?

Alicia & Rich's Roads to Everywhere London to Australia on the route less traveled

Up the east coast

USA | Sunday, 14 June 2009 | Views [272]

It’s time once again to say our goodbyes. We get up early and pack our bags. Hopefully it wont be too long before we see them again. Before leaving town, we make a quick stop at Aunt Carlene’s house, say hi and bye and then we’re off to Jersey.

We’ve arranged to meet up with my friend Amy, from Houston, who now lives in Philly. She has offered to drive us into New York City. So we drive up to New Jersey airport to drop off the car and Amy picks us up from there. She gives us a quick tour of downtown NYC and then takes us to our hotel. Amy is a photographer and since its such a lovely, sunny New York day, she decides to do an impromptu photo shoot with me and Rich. We walk around the city, taking in the sights and taking loads of photos.

For some reason they’ve put beach chairs out in the middle of Time Square. It’s an interesting perspective to lounge around in the middle of Times Square.

I've been really looking forward to this leg of the journey. I visited NYC once before but that was many years ago and I can't remember much. This time round we have a guide and personal photographer so it's a wholly different experience. Spending the day wandering around is a great way to explore and get orientated. It's a really good start to our time here. -Rich

After the sun goes down, we say goodbye to Amy and head back to our hotel to change into some warmer clothes. Summer nights aren’t so warm on the east coast.

Tonight is an NBA championship, Lakers vs. Magic and we find a cosy local bar to watch the game. We watch Kobe lead the Lakers to yet another victory and Phil Jackson finally gets his 10th championship ring. I love this game!

part of our photoshoot by Amy Spangler

part of our photoshoot by Amy Spangler

 

About rich


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.